LMI Technologies, recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces, is a medium-sized technology company built on a culture of openness, respect and professional excellence. At LMI our staff work passionately toward the common goal of designing and delivering innovative 3D machine vision solutions to OEMs and System Integrators working in industrial factory automation around the world. The result of this teamwork is high-performance, easy-to-implement and cost-effective 3D sensor technologies that deliver the best results in even the most challenging 3D inline inspection applications.
What will you do as a Automation Validation Engineer II?
The Automation and Validation team projects include new production automation equipment design, product validation and overall systems engineering. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team that engages with every department across the organization to ensure our Gocators are designed and manufactured to the highest standard. You will work in a supportive team environment working with exciting technologies.
Working remotely during the week is flexible depending on current project responsibilities at the discretion of your Team Lead. Expect to be in the office 3-4 days a week. Working as part of our global Technology (R&D) team, you will report to the Automation Validation Team Lead and work at our Burnaby head office.
Project duties include: mechanical design, electrical control systems design, automation design, validation test design and analysis along with existing automation equipment support.
- Designs automation equipment along with production jigs
- Carries out validation experiments against ISO standards where possible to ensure process and product consistency
- Works with the sensor design team to smoothly roll out new product introductions to existing or new automation infrastructure
- Follows team and company processes to effectively carry out project work
- Participates in regular design reviews and demonstrates strong adherence to checklist requirements
- Produces task lists to breakdown project assignments into appropriate level of detail
- Manages delivery expectations against key project milestones
- Employs a systematic data-driven approach to troubleshooting equipment and design problems both individually and with the team
- Produces required technical reports and documentation
- Proactively contributes to and implements continuous improvement initiatives
- Ability to interpret technical data sheets and electrical wiring diagrams to effectively design or troubleshoot mechatronic systems
- Leads or supports initial equipment builds of new automation equipment or production jigs
What do you need to be successful?
- Degree / Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or Electrical/Controls Engineering
- 2-5 years working experience in a related field, with a focus on mechanical design and automation/controls
- Strong knowledge of SolidWorks, EPDM and mechanical design principles particularly with respect to CNC-based precision part design
- Familiarity with fundamental hand and machine shop tools is valued
- Background in designing and commissioning PID & other motion control systems
- Good knowledge of motion control systems using Galil controllers or similar products
- Strong understanding of metrology in theory and application
- Strong understanding of ASME Y14.5 GD&T or ISO GPS Standard
- Proficiency in communicating concepts and findings with clarity, brevity, both in verbal and written communication
- Experience in design of experiments and the application of scientific methods
- Pursues problem solving with clear understanding of facts and defines test plan and solution strategies
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to function appropriately in a team environment across departments
- Knowledge of Python or other coding is an asset
- Strong knowledge of Google G-suite or other Office productivity software
- Familiarity with optical systems such as lenses, cameras or filters is an asset
Salary Range: $70,175 – $80,000 – $91,200
Expected Salary: Our typical hiring range will be +/- 10% of the midpoint listed above. Factors influencing this decision include qualifications and market conditions for the role.
How to submit your interest?
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and working for a fast-growing global technology company with an inspiring and engaging workplace environment, please submit your application to our Human Resources team in confidence by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
While we appreciate your interest in LMI very much, we are only able to respond to candidates selected for further consideration. We look forward to talking to you about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career!
Why being inclusive is important to us?
At LMI Technologies, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
If you are interested in working for a fast-growing global technology company with an inspiring and engaging workplace environment, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.