Website Goldbeck Recruiting Inc.
Retail – Wholesale Distribution – Distribution and Service
Our client is one of BC’s top retailers with over 150 retail locations and major warehouse and distribution operations. A top employer offering an exceptional place to work, flexible work hours, earned days off, extended health and dental benefits, maternity leave top-up payment, a pension program, in-house professional and leadership development and subsides for professional accreditation.
The CFO will have oversight of the finance division including – Corporate Finance, Finance Wholesale, Regulatory and Compliance, Finance Retail and Shared Services. The Finance Division provides financial reporting, advisory services, budgeting, capital asset reporting and financial transaction processing. Responsible for enterprise risk management program and oversight for regulatory compliance for manufacturers/warehouse.
We are looking for a CPA who has a business background in warehousing or retail or similar business. A proven leader who will embrace the vision and add to growth of business. Experience with large ERP implementation to support system upgrades and moving the department into the cloud.
The ideal candidate is a person with energy and passion and would like to give back to the community.
- The CFO has authority to establish accounting policies for capitalization, depreciation and accruals, develop unique chart of accounts, payroll systems, customs brokerage and excise clearance, manage an independent insurance program, property management program and leasing programs and enter into agreements with the private sector.
- Accountable for developing and implementing financial policies and procedures. Responsible for Financial control, accounting and reporting, financial systems, retail revenue accounting, payroll, asset control expenditures and a variety of administrative services.
- Manages the development of capital, revenue and expense budgets, prepares the annual financial plan, and oversees in-house custom brokerage.
- Achievement of appropriate corporate strategic plan objectives, department business plan objectives and the efficient and effective utilization of resources
- Accountable for the financial plan to achieve the net income target.
- Developing and presenting to treasury board capital, revenue and expense budgets and operating plans
- Preparation and submission of financial statements showing assets, liabilities, and operating results.
- Ensure all financial statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles as well as the requirements and standards established by the Auditor General.
- Oversight of the Insurance Program to ensure the best and most appropriate coverage according to various risks within the branch.
- Criminal record check will be required.
- Successful candidate must be able to travel overnight withing the Province of BC
Education and Experience:
- CPA designation and a member in good standing
- University degree in economics, public administration, business administration or related discipline
- A minimum of 10 years demonstrative progressive related experience in financial management, including a minimum of five years’ experience at a senior level and extensive experience in strategic planning, performance management, change leadership and budget development. Preference may be given to candidates with experience in a public sector environment and/or in a large organization. A large organization is defined as over $100 million in revenue.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience leading and coaching a diverse workgroup of senior financial managers and professionals.
- Comprehensive and working knowledge of a senior leadership role and responsibilities to ensure consistency, service, customer relations, employee and staffing challenges in a large, complex, multi-unit, geographically diverse retail and wholesale business.
- Proven ability to stay informed and knowledgeable of current external business environment conditions which have an impact on the Branch business: retail trends, consumer tastes, employee demographics and labour pool, and leadership best practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge in inventory management, financial information systems, change leadership in a complex retail/wholesale and distribution in the public sector.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with external and internal customers/clients.
- Proven ability demonstrating good judgement and organizational skills and possess effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and manage a diverse work group of supervisors/managers and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee project management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to all levels within an organization.
Karen Epp, CPC is the Senior Finance and Accounting Recruiter at Goldbeck Recruiting Inc and brings over twenty years of experience recruiting professionals in Accounting, Finance, Insurance, Banking, and Human Resources. One of the advantages of working with Karen in your search for Accounting Professionals is the extensive long standing relationships with candidates and reputable clients.