Website University Canada West
Continuing Track Faculty in Quantitative Studies —Accounting and Finance
University Canada West (UCW) invites applications for multiple continuing track faculty positions within the Master of Business Administration program, Department of Quantitative Studies. Courses within this department include Financial Management, Investment Analysis and Management, Personal Financial Planning, Global Financial Institutions Management, Green Finance, Operations Management, Project Management, and others.
With these positions, we are specifically seeking faculty with experience and the ability to teach in the area of Accounting and Finance.
UCW is seeking faculty members who are highly talented, motivated, and qualified professionals, ready for the next level of challenge in their careers to teach at our Vancouver campuses. Successful candidates will participate in a wide range of activities outside the classroom, including student support; institutional, faculty, and departmental committee meetings; and professional activities in keeping with their disciplines, both within and outside the institution. Applicants must have a record of scholarly activity or research commensurate with the rank sought, as well as demonstrable success in teaching.
Applicants for continuing faculty positions in the MBA program should have a related doctoral degree. Candidates with a master’s degree and extensive relevant industry experience may be considered.
We are a teaching-intensive university, so candidates must have teaching experience in a degree-granting program at the undergraduate and/or graduate level, including course preparation and delivery, curriculum development, and development of online material/lectures. Additionally, candidates must possess a demonstrated commitment to excellent and innovative pedagogical practices, and engagement in teaching-related scholarly activities. Ability to teach face to face, and in blended and on-line learning environments is essential.
Our continuing faculty positions include a research component, and we support research by our faculty, especially as it contributes to great teaching and intellectual development. Your application should include research accomplishments to date, and present research areas you might be interested in pursuing in the future.
The continuing faculty positions are located on-campus in our Downtown Vancouver campuses. Applicants must be able to attend in-person classes.
- Professional accounting designation (Canadian CPA preferred) may be exempted with a doctoral degree.
- A Ph.D. or master’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution is required. Ph.D. is preferred.
- Experience in Accounting, preferably in Canada.
- ACCA, but only with Canadian accounting experience
- A strong working knowledge of both financial and management accounting.
- Relevant tax, audit, or business management experience to supplement theoretical understanding within the course resources
- Able to raise accounting/finance concepts up to an MBA level and assess students appropriately
- Active ongoing participation in professional development activities.
- A commitment to, and understanding of, the importance of equity, diversity, and inclusion in the classroom and workplace.
How To Apply for a faculty position
A complete application must be submitted for each position applied for and MUST include all the following:
- A cover letter clearly indicating the specific position you are applying for.
- A curriculum vitae (CV) including evidence of teaching experience and scholarly accomplishments;
- a teaching dossier including a personal statement of teaching philosophy; and
- the names and contact information of three referees.
You may submit your application via email to [email protected].
Applications that do not contain all these elements will not be considered by the hiring committee.
About University Canada West
UCW is a business and technology oriented, teaching intensive university and has the fastest growing MBA program in Canada. Degree options at UCW include a BCOM degree, a BA in Business Communications, and an Associate of Arts degree. UCW offers students a solid grounding in academic knowledge and skills, interactive, experiential education in business and digital literacy skills. Faculty are responsible for interactive engaging teaching, staying active in their field through scholarly activities, and serving their Departments and the UCW university community through committee work.
University Canada West is strongly committed to equity, diversity, and inclusivity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons / persons of color, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
If you require any accommodation at any point during the application and hiring process, please mention it in your application.
The University acknowledges that the territories on which UCW and its campuses are situated are the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) and Səl̓ílwətaʔ (Selilwitulh) Nations. We thank them for having cared for this land since time immemorial, honor their graciousness to the students who seek knowledge here and iterate our dedication to valuing the ongoing contributions of Indigenous peoples and communities.