Website Haywood Securities Inc.
Investment Banking Vice President – Energy
Job Category: Investment Banking
Requisition Number: INVES001002
- Posted : October 6, 2023
Showing 1 location
Haywood Securities is an investment firm that values its independence and its entrepreneurial spirit. Our analysts and advisors seek proven management in young companies that are built around fresh ideas with the potential for rapid growth in the energy, mining, technology and special situation sectors. Haywood offers these investment opportunities to a select group of qualified investors in both the institutional and retail markets.
At Haywood, we foster long-term relationships with the companies we support through our often multiple financings in the capital markets and our ongoing advisory services. Our goal is not only to ensure the success of the venture, but also to build enduring value for our investors.
At Haywood, we continually strive to enhance our practice of providing clients with ideas and investments that are well-founded and profitable. Our greatest strength lies in our skilled and dedicated employees who are supported by a work environment that promotes creativity and performance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development of financial models relating to merger and acquisition transactions, asset valuations and capital raises,
- Analysis of financial, industry, and market data,
- Preparation of presentation material for clients regarding the raising of capital or merger and acquisition opportunities,
- Attending meetings with clients both independently and alongside senior staff,
- Performing specific company and industry research,
- Liaising with various departments across the firm,
- Assuming entire accountability for multifaceted aspects of investment banking deal processes, from authoring applicable binding documentation to communicating with clients.
Education & Qualifications
- At least 2 years of relevant capital markets experience in an investment banking role,
Skills & Key Attributes
- Ability to work in a demanding, sometimes pressurized and fast-paced work environment,
- Exceptional financial modeling and analytical skills,
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and within the larger team,
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail,
- Energetic personality with strong interpersonal skills,
- Excellent presentation skills (written and verbal communication, PowerPoint creation),
- Availability and willingness to periodically and spontaneously work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Finance, Accounting, Engineering, or other technical degree,
- Enrollment in or completion of the CFA designation or other professional designation (CA, P. Eng.),
- Prior industry experience in an engineering or geology role at an energy company,
- Experience with Bloomberg, XI Tech, geoSCOUT, Value Navigator.
Haywood understands that its greatest strength lies in our skilled and dedicated employees. Whether you are just starting out in the work force or beginning a new career path, Haywood offers a challenging environment well-suited to those with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Haywood believes in supporting its employees to enable them to meet their full potential. We offer competitive salaries as well as opportunities for professional and personal development. We also offer a full suite of competitive benefits which includes extended health, dental, long-term disability, life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment coverage.
Please note to be considered for employment at Haywood Securities Inc. candidates selected for an interview will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residency, or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions. We would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
Status: Permanent full-time
NOC Code: 11101 – Financial and Investment Analysts