Website BURNCO LLC
BURNCO is currently looking to hire an energetic, personable, and highly capable Production Support Lead for our IT Service Desk within our Information Technology team. This will be an onsite role located at our Calgary, Alberta head office that will require travel to our field sites in our Canadian region, and will report directly to our Manager, IT Process & Delivery. This Role will lead the IT Support Specialists in the Canadian region, with overlap in Texas and Colorado offices as well. You will provide onsite and remote technical support to End Users ensuring timely and accurate resolution with a high level of customer satisfaction. As BURNCO’s Production Support Lead, IT Service Desk, you will also be responsible for supporting the daily operations of the organization. You will be a strong problem-solver, and have proven experience working independently, as well as within a team environment. As one of the key representatives for IT, you will gain an understanding of the systems and interfaces of our environment and operate as the representative for technology groups and policies while ensuring a high standard of customer satisfaction. In your role as a Production Support Lead, you enjoy the opportunity to build yourself a great career and experience a lot of fun, all while adding your voice in shaping BURNCO’s IT future.
What You Will Be Doing
Strategy & Planning
- Lead the IT Service Desk team, including training, coaching, and performance management.
- Operating as the onsite representative for all IT groups including Networking, Infrastructure, Security, and End User Computing.
- Working collaboratively to deliver on larger IT, and business initiatives, and guiding on IT best practices and requirements when necessary.
- Liaise with IT stakeholders to drive standards and best practices in the field and ensure compliance.
- Liaise with Vendors for onsite work as needed.
- Supervise and guide the IT Service Desk team, ensuring consistent and quality support is provided to all BURNCO staff.
- Oversee Service Desk operations, ensuring all calls and email requests are addressed professionally and courteously.
- Manage incidents and service requests in ServiceNow and ensure team compliance with the system.
- Lead the team in providing on-site and remote Tier-2 end-user technical support and assist with server and network issues as needed.
- Take responsibility for incident management, ensuring quick response, escalation, and resolution of all incidents as needed, while supporting Incident Lead.
- Effectively manage ticket queues & assign to team as required to deliver exceptional service
- Monitor and report on IT service levels, metrics, KPIs and customer satisfaction.
- Get your hands dirty and work in collaboration with the team to deliver results & provide customer first service – every day
- Supervise preventative and routine maintenance on location at multiple sites, including server and network hardware.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of a detailed catalog of assets per site.
- Guide and train users on Desktop applications and server-related tasks.
- Oversee the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of computer hardware, software, peripherals, VOIP and Mobile phones, as well as basic server and network components.
- Handle advanced networking tasks, including troubleshooting connectivity issues, configuring IP settings, setting up wireless networks, and assisting with server infrastructure tasks.
- Supervise the creation, deployment, and management of Windows images using technologies such as System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Microsoft Intune.
- Procure, deploy, and support mobility devices (iOS and Android), and supervise team in these activities.
- Assist with application testing and server performance testing as necessary.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of the IT Knowledge Base with user training and procedural documentation.
- Supervise the creation and management of Active Directory and Office 365 hybrid domain accounts.
- Regularly report on activities, identify deficiencies, and suggest steps to remediate.
- Collaborate with second and third tier support teams to identify, troubleshoot, and remediate network deficiencies.
- Operate as the on-premises lead for changes, maintenance, or configuration tasks.
- Ensure that all equipment rooms are tidy, organized, and maintained to standard as guided.
- Be available to participate in emergency response (including after hours).
- Oversee proactive maintenance and procurement of equipment in a timely fashion to prevent service interruptions.
- Assist with coordination of efforts for onboarding new users, and de-provisioning exiting users.
- Providing timely and effective technical support to resolve issues related to hardware, software, network, and security
- Planning and executing equipment rollouts, upgrades, repairs, and maintenance
- Developing and implementing IT policies, procedures, standards, and best practices, focused on IT Operations and Help Desk
- Effectively manage ticket queues to deliver exceptional service
Reality of the Job
- On-call availability required.
- Frequent travel to multiple BURNCO sites required, comfortability in an industrial setting (PPE Required).
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lead the team in routine inspection of devices, systems and cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as desktop computers, switches, UPS and peripherals.
- This role carries the core responsibility for ensuring that our systems operate effectively to run our business. The successful candidate will demonstrate ownership of this responsibility.
You Are Someone Who Is/Has
- Proactive and self-motivated, with keen attention to detail.
- Owns mistakes and executes strong remediation/resolution, thereby generating trust.
- Strong planning, organizing and time management skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Good written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Aptitude for technology.
- Professionally mature with sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Leadership skills to guide and develop the Deskside Support team.
What We Would Like from You
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in computer science, information technology, or related field experience or equivalent
- Certification in ITIL, A+, MCSA or similar considered an asset
- Experience with ServiceNow, or other ITSM ticketing systems
- Proven ability to provide consistent, exemplary customer service
- At least five years of experience in IT operations management
- Strong knowledge of IT processes, systems, applications, networks, and security
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and customer first service skills
- Ability to lead, motivate, and supervise a diverse team of IT professionals
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Existing experience support Office 365
- Mobility support.
- Experience supporting Windows desktops, and desktop architecture
- Sound understanding of networking concepts
Experience & Knowledge
- Passion for customer service, and a high standard of service delivery
- Respectful of leadership input and direction
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar IT support role, with leadership experience preferred
- Experience with Windows imaging and deployment tools (SCCM, Intune, etc.)
- Basic networking knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.) and experience handling wireless network setups and troubleshooting
- Strong planning, organizing and time management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Good written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to multitask based on priority
- Extensive Knowledge of Active Directory is a must
- Request & Incident ownership
- Ability to terminate, and test copper cable
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Organizational skills as related to cable management, networking cabinets, desktop cleanliness
- Receptive to feedback
IMPORTANT: This position will require the successful candidate to:
- have and maintain a valid Driver’s License
- provide a clean Driver’s Abstract for review, if required
- provide a valid passport – ability to travel to Texas and/or Colorado and within Canada, while infrequent, may be required
- successfully pass pre-employment checks