Website Canadian Pacific Railway
Select how often (in days) to receive an alert:
As a Director of Software QA Engineering, you will implement policies and procedures for the software quality assurance function. Evaluates and monitors tools, methodologies, and automation to ensure effective testing and identification of defects.
- Establishes quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements with other members of management and with production operators, technicians, and engineers
- Establishes standards for the disposition of finished product by devising evaluation tests, methods, and procedures
- Institutes rework standards by devising inspection and physical testing methods and procedures.
- Creates product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures
- Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements
- Prepares product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Develops a quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Manages quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the quality assurance budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions
- Provide governance and independent verification/validation of all IT processes and services including SOX controls and AD&S Software Testing Services
- Work with all IT service owners to ensure Service Improvement Plans to ensure alignment with quality assurance best practices and strategic direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or its professional equivalent
- 12+ years hands-on experience in a Software Quality Assurance/Engineering role in an Agile environment
- 8+ years’ experience in a Quality management role, managing a team of 5 or more QA personnel
- Deep understanding of QA methodologies, Test management systems
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
- Experience with Blackbox Testing, UAT, Functional Testing, and Performance Testing
- Strong understanding of Source/revision control methodologies
- Good understanding of Agile principles and practices, also Water Fall
- Good understanding of financial concepts and practices to enable budgets and forecasting
- Experience with test automation frameworks is a major plus
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
As an employer with North American presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CPKC. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CPKC is an employment equity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Accommodations for the job application process can be provided, as appropriate, upon request. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).