Website Trinnovo Group
Senior Product Manager – Control Systems
Join Us in Shaping the Future of Agriculture!
BioTalent have partnered with a company who pride themselves on delivering the world’s most advanced control systems for horticulture. Our world is evolving, and so is agriculture. At the forefront of this transformation is technology, driving advancements in greenhouse growing, vertical farming, and crop improvements. Our client is on a mission to protect the environment, enhance food security, and advance human health by empowering growers and plant scientists with cutting-edge technology.
As pioneers in this space, the business has thrived, tripling in the last few years alone and now they are taking a giant leap forward with ground-breaking software, enriched data solutions, and cutting-edge artificial intelligence tools poised to revolutionize the way crops are cultivated—the future of agriculture awaits.
As a Senior Product Manager – Control Systems, you will play a pivotal role in discovering, developing, and evaluating product ideas that shape the future of agriculture. Reporting to the VP and General Manager, you will be a driving force behind the strategic development, launch, marketing, and enhancement of our control system products throughout their lifecycle. Your primary mission will be to work collaboratively with Leadership, Sales, and R&D to define and refine new and existing product visions, ensuring the success of solutions in the market.
This position will be focused more on hardware than software and so we need someone who is strong in this area!
- Business Case: Develop and execute business cases for on-time and on-budget product launches.
- Market Insight: Stay abreast of market and industry trends to understand current and future customer needs.
- Customer Engagement: Define and lead programs capturing the Voice of Industry and Voice of Customer.
- Competitive Research: Gain insights into competitors’ offerings and identify market opportunities.
- Product Roadmap: Define a clear roadmap aligning with the product vision, gathering requirements from customer feedback and market research.
- Collaboration with Development Teams: Act as the voice of the customer, providing guidance to R&D to ensure delivered features meet customer needs.
- Internal Relationships: Foster relationships across the organization, collaborating with key leaders in Engineering, Marketing, Support, Sales, and other functions.
- Lifecycle Management: Manage the evolution of features to optimize revenue and profitability throughout the product lifecycle.
- Product Champion: Develop marketing strategies and plans for product launches, evangelizing product features to internal and external stakeholders.
Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Controls Technologies, or a combination thereof.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience, including 5 years in product management of controls, complex hardware/software/firmware products, or other high-tech products.
- Experience with hybrid models of waterfall, agile, and lifecycle management.
- Exceptional communication, problem-solving, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Experience with agile development teams, backlog management, and release schedules.
- Involvement in UX/UI design for a compelling customer experience.
- Analytical skills to interpret data from multiple sources for decision-making.
- Expertise in risk management throughout the product lifecycle.
- Passion for identifying and solving client problems with innovative products.
- Results-oriented with a proven ability to accomplish goals in an entrepreneurial environment.
Grow with Us and Shape the Future of Agriculture!