Website Fortinet Inc.
Our Release QA team in Burnaby has over 130 staff and are responsible for ensuring Fortinet products meet the high standards we expect before release to the market. We are currently recruiting for teams focused on QA activities for our FortiOS, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer and FortiClient products.
Location: Burnaby, BC (we are working a hybrid model)
Position: This is a full-time, permanent position
Technical Job Duties:
- Execute regression testing on products using a combination of manual and auto testing techniques. Create, maintain, and execute test specifications and test cases
- Write and maintain automation scripts
- Identify, document, and track software defects found during testing
- Work closely with developers to ensure defects are correctly identified and fixed
Writing Job Duties:
- Work closely with Developers, QA, Product Managers, and others to understand new features, use cases, and customer scenarios.
- Document & publish release notes, user guides, reference materials and use case scenarios for new product releases.
Job Experience Required:
- 4+ years of software testing experience.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing and switching
- Working experience on Virtual machine environment, i.e VMware / ESXi, Hypervisor
- Demonstrated knowledge of firewalls, Linux, Sniff, or Ethereal
- Strong knowledge of IPSec, SSL VPN, data encryption and authentication
- Knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies, as well as software development fundamentals
- Experience working or testing with Wi-Fi AP’s, routers, wireless extenders, and AP controllers;
- Experience working with Wi-Fi / Radio Frequency in computer architecture and data communications.
- Strong knowledge of wireless technology & wireless standards (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax and Wi-Fi Alliance);
- Experience with wireless test tools (Veriwave, IXIA Chariot, etc.) and wireless frame capture & debuggers (Wireshark, Omnipeek, etc).
- Experience configuring, installing, and troubleshooting PC/server software and hardware in a Windows and Unix environment
- Demonstrated ability to logically and analytically troubleshoot software
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and communicate well with other departments
- Ability to work on assigned tasks under tight time constraints
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and reproducible problem reports, and test results
- Demonstrated skills in scripting languages, such as shell, TCL, PERL or Python are considered assets
- Demonstrated writing skills.
- Knowledge of database is considered an asset
- Knowledge of JSON API is considered an asset
- A degree or technical diploma in Computer Science, Computer Technology, or related field
The Canada base salary range for this full-time position is expected to be between $80,000 – $120,000 annually. Wage ranges are based on various factors including the labour market, job type, and job level. Exact salary offers will be determined by factors such as the candidate’s subject knowledge, skill level, qualifications, and experience.
Fortinet strives to provide you and your family with a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits eligibility starts on your first day of hire and comprises of 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, including a Health Spending Account and a Personal Spending Account that gives you flexibility to spend where you need it the most. Our Employee & Family Assistance Plan (EFAP) offers you and your family access to various services like counseling, legal advice, mental health resources etc. We also provide critical illness, disability, and life insurance, as well as a Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with a company match to help you save faster for retirement. We offer competitive Paid Time Off and flexible leave policies, including paid health days, to help you take care of yourself and your family members.
All roles are eligible to participate in the Fortinet equity program. Bonus eligibility is reviewed at time of hire and annually at the Company’s discretion.