Website Fortinet Inc.
As Staff Embedded Developer at Fortinet, you will be responsible for the full development cycle of newer and award winning flagship Fortinet products. You will be given the opportunity to participate in the development cycle from troubleshooting and testing to participation in the design and development of new features. You will work with the latest technologies for our next generation high performance distributed security systems.
The team we are hiring for is focused on developing key components of FortiAnalyzer, which deals with performance and scalability for data analysis of security log data.
Location: Burnaby, BC (we are working a hybrid model)
Position: This is a full-time, permanent role
- Development, design and test the software for Fortinet products
- Hands on in bug fixing
- Maintain and document code using source control system
- Maintenance, performance tuning, and support of implemented software or firmware products
- Implement new features according to identified specs
- 5+ years of projects/industry experience with development focus on C/C++ programming
- Experience in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system development
- Knowledge in database, data warehouse, data mining
- Knowledge in database API and SQL language
- Hands-on experience with PostgreSQL or ClickHouse
- Experience in analysis and tune up performance for database
- Knowledge in network and socket programming
- Software development experience in Unix/Linux environment
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills, self-initiative, responsive and responsible
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters or PhD is an asset) in Computer Science or similar degree
The Canada base salary range for this full-time position is expected to be between $100,000 – $145,000 annually. Wage ranges are based on various factors including the labour market, job type, and job level. Exact salary offers will be determined by factors such as the candidate’s subject knowledge, skill level, qualifications, and experience.
Fortinet strives to provide you and your family with a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits eligibility starts on your first day of hire and comprises of 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, including a Health Spending Account and a Personal Spending Account that gives you flexibility to spend where you need it the most. Our Employee & Family Assistance Plan (EFAP) offers you and your family access to various services like counseling, legal advice, mental health resources etc. We also provide critical illness, disability, and life insurance, as well as a Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with a company match to help you save faster for retirement. We offer competitive Paid Time Off and flexible leave policies, including paid health days, to help you take care of yourself and your family members.
All roles are eligible to participate in the Fortinet equity program. Bonus eligibility is reviewed at time of hire and annually at the Company’s discretion.