Website Fortinet Inc.
Fortinet is currently seeking an experienced embedded software Developer for development of our next generation security solution impacting multiple products of the Fortinet Security Fabric with focus on FortiGate. FortiGate is our award winning flagship product, which consolidates security platforms while delivering unmatched performance and protection. The ideal candidate needs to have sound knowledge of system’s development using C/C++, hands-on experience working in Linux/Unix environment and working knowledge of networking and application protocols (HTTP/S, TCP/IP). This is a great opportunity to grow as core member of the team responsible for driving the development of the next generation of Fortinet products.
Location: Burnaby, BC (we are working a hybrid model)
Position: This is a full-time, permanent role
- Develop, design, and test the software for Fortinet products
- Maintain, evaluate, tune, and support the implementation of software and firmware products
- Hands-on bug fixes for the current Fortinet products
- Implement new features according to the new feature specifications and TOP3
- Research, investigate, and define new areas of technology to enhance existing FortiGate products or new product directions; re-evaluate the design and implementation of current source code
- Maintain and document code using source control system
- Instrumental in product road map realization
Job Skills Required:
- 10+ years of experience in software development within Unix/Linux environment
- Stronghold of C and data structures required * Strong knowledge or experience with network, e.g. IP, TCP, DHCP, WCCP, DNS, routing protocols, etc.
- Sound knowledge of network concepts and architecture, e.g., IP, TCP, DHCP, WCCP, DNS, routing protocols, etc.
- Capable of switching focus in various situations and applying themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or similar degree
The Canada base salary range for this full-time position is expected to be between $100,000 – $145,000 annually. Wage ranges are based on various factors including the labour market, job type, and job level. Exact salary offers will be determined by factors such as the candidate’s subject knowledge, skill level, qualifications, and experience.
Fortinet strives to provide you and your family with a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits eligibility starts on your first day of hire and comprises of 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, including a Health Spending Account and a Personal Spending Account that gives you flexibility to spend where you need it the most. Our Employee & Family Assistance Plan (EFAP) offers you and your family access to various services like counseling, legal advice, mental health resources etc. We also provide critical illness, disability, and life insurance, as well as a Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with a company match to help you save faster for retirement. We offer competitive Paid Time Off and flexible leave policies, including paid health days, to help you take care of yourself and your family members.
All roles are eligible to participate in the Fortinet equity program. Bonus eligibility is reviewed at time of hire and annually at the Company’s discretion.